08 February, 2010

192

It's been one-hundred and ninety two days,
Time that stretched into infinity.
A lot can happen in one-hundred and ninety two days.
Bridges can be burnt, alliances can be made (and broken).
Misinterpretation and gossip can run rampant.

It's been one-hundred and ninety two days,
Since you finally shared what I already knew.
We've had our differences since then,
And I have no misconception that the events will look the same
Another one-hundred and ninety two days from now.

In the last one-hundred and ninety two days
I have learned so much, experienced so many things,
Had so many illusions shattered.
One-hundred and ninety two varying emotions
Have built up in my heart, a cacophonous din.

In the last one-hundred and ninety two days
There has been so much I didn't understand.
In the last sixty minutes, it all makes sense.
But understanding brings pain and I realize
That even though I understand you, you don't quite comprehend me.

And of all the things that have happened
In the last one-hundred and ninety-two days--
In those six long months,
Being resigned to this is perhaps the most painful of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment